Engine & Fuel
Johnson long shaft outboard two stroke petrol
We have owned the boat for 5 years. It was a £50.00 buy
together with a 25hp Johnson long stroke engine (electric start.) The
previous owner had it for 25 years and during this time regularly took it sea
fishing from Anglesey.
The boat sat in our drive for a while, then we moved it
to a farm and began restoring it. It has had the following restorations
- All new window seals
- All new de-fendering
- Completely repainted
- New engine hardwood transom fitted
- New cushions made and fitted
- New carpets fitted
- Helm seat purchased and fitted
- New leisure battery
- Solar panel fitted
- Sink, handpump tap fitted
- New blow-up burgundy fenders fitted
- Hand bilge pump
- New set of stainless steel cleats fitted
- Aluminium anti-slip tread plates fitted
- Pulpit rail purchased and fitted
- Spotlight purchased and fitted
- We are just in the process of fitting curtains that
we have had made.
We do not know the exact year of manufacture of our
boat and likewise, the current value - we would be interested in finding out
both of these answers if anyone can help.
It is moored on the Cauldon canal in Staffordshire. We plan to keep the boat
and use her to tour the Staffordshire and Cheshire canal system.
We attach some recent photos. the boat was originally blue, but at the moment,
cannot find any photos. We will forward these when we have them. Looking
forward to some feedback.
The following work has now been carried out:
- A windscreen purchased and fitted in readiness for
the boat canopy.
- We purchased a Suzuki 9.9 hp electric start to
replace the Johnson 25. (I am now looking to sell the Johnson engine.)
- We opted for a canvas canopy rather than a PVC
version. This has been made and fitted to a very high standard - no expense
has been spared - money well spent!!!