Engine & Fuel
Mariner Outboard petrol
Also has VHF radio.
My first boat, in need of some restoration, paid £300.00 for
her, no electrics working, all windows need new rubbers. front Perspex
windows crazed and need replacing, leaks through roof and windows, canopy needs
replacing, cockpit floor is rotten, outside rubber fender ripped and needs
replacing and a good t-cut and clean.
moored in Arundel west Sussex, hoping to get a trailer and put on my drive to do
the work on her. will post pic's on progress when I start.
hoping to get her on my drive on Sunday 17th (very
excited can't wait) picking up new trailer on Saturday morning.
when the work is eventually done i hope to take her on
various canals and waterways with my wife jill, daughter Rebecca, son Matthew
and holly, one of our 4 dogs.
The latest work on "Lady Salina"
- sanded hull back to bare
- 2 coat's blakes underwater primer, 2 coats blakes
- took out all windows and re-sealed including new
rubbers on most and new perspex to front
- took all fittings of and cleaned up what was being
- sanded down rest of boat, 120 grit ,240 grit and
after each coat i hand sanded with 400 grit, then 4 coats of blakes multicoat
rollered and brushed on
- totally remade windscreen and added teak strip along
top edge to help sturdy up
- made new teak grab rails and iroko fender
- fitted new canopy (supplied by Coverit)
- stripped out cabin and cockpit ready for re-fit
- refitted nav and spot lights, all new wiring,
refitted windows, windscreen and fittings
- refitted newly serviced outboard re-routing cabling
to allow for re-designed cockpit structure
- now in process of fitting out cockpit